Decision-making for Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET) is guided by input from the oversight committee and ongoing assessment.
SET oversight committee
Decisions about Student Evaluation of Teaching improvements are made by an oversight committee. The committee has equal representation from administrators and faculty. Faculty are selected by the Faculty Union.
- Update for the Policy Committee 6/14/21
- Online SET: Input from Stakeholders: Fall 2020
- Online SET During the Shutdown: Fall 2020
- Solutions During Remote Work: Report to the ISMC, Fall 2020
- Student Affairs Committee Report on Testing, Evaluation, and Research Services, Fall 2020
- Update from Student Evaluation of Teaching: Online SET Pilot, Winter 2020
- Assessment of Priority Processing
- SET Response Rates 2020
- Pilot: New SET App 2016
- New Reporting Features 2015
- The Goal of New SET 2015
- Curriculum Committee Questions 2013
- Policy Committee Questions 2012
- SET Year 2
Hamandi, Hayder; Armes, Joshua; Woodward, Laura; & Ellis, Darin. (2022). Customizing Evaluation Calendars and Reporting Using Live URL Data Feeds and Blue API. Blue Notes Global, Chicago.
- SET Year 1
Woodward, Laura; Gresham, Reni; Siddiqui, Hamid; Lazic, Petar; Smith, Kenya; & Ura, Andrew. (2021) Faculty and Student Engagement: The Key to Improving Response Rates in Online Evaluations. Blue Notes Global, Quebec.
- 2N Committee Conference Presentation: Year 2
Spannaus, Ouellett, Casey, Kernsmith, Smoller, Brockmeyer, & Woodward, (2016). Revisions to Student Evaluation of Teaching: Two Years of Experience and Some Remaining Challenges. Lilly Conference, Oxford, Ohio
- 2N Committee Conference Presentation: Year 1
Spannaus, Ouellett, Casey, Kernsmith, Smoller, Brockmeyer, & Woodward. (2015). Revisions to Student Evaluation of Teaching: One Year of Experience? (PPTX) Lilly Conference, Oxford, Ohio.
- 2N Committee Conference Presentation: Year 0
Spannaus, Kernsmith, Casey, Ouellett, Smoller, Brockmeyer, & Woodward, (2014).Improving Student Evaluation of Teaching at an Urban Research University: ?Many Goals, A Few Directions (PPTX). Lilly Conference, Oxford, Ohio.
- Conference presentation by SET office
Woodward & Siddiqui (2013).Increasing Student Evaluation Of Teaching (SET) Response Rates Through Reminders (PDF). American Educational Research Association, 2013. San Francisco, CA