Testing, Evaluation and Research Services
Testing, Evaluation, and Research Services are dedicated to providing fair, secure, and professional testing and assessment services to students, faculty, and administrators. These services support:
- Student demonstration of subject mastery through testing to meet University requirements.
- Community demonstration of subject mastery through external, high stakes tests.
- We adhere to NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
- Our unit adheres to the continuous improvement model and participates in regular assessment efforts.
- Faculty member access to machine scoring of exams.
- Student feedback to administrators and faculty about instructor performance in the classroom.
- Faculty and administrator education regarding best practices in testing.
- Placement exams for course selection.
- Credit by examination.
- Test-out options for general education.
- National tests including the GRE, Praxis, LSAT, and TOEFL.
- Helping faculty document their performance.
- Providing reports for committees and administrators.
- Informing student decisions about course registration.
- Helping faculty reduce the scoring load in large courses.
- Providing assistance in test item improvement.
- Conducting an ongoing assessment of the office.
- Managing large scale university assessments such as the NSSE, FSSE, or CIRP.