Testing, Evaluation and Research Services
Testing, Evaluation and Research Services is dedicated to providing fair, secure, and professional testing and assessment services to students, faculty, and administrators. These services support:
- Student demonstration of subject mastery through testing to meet University requirements.
- Community demonstration of subject mastery through external, high stakes tests.
- We adhere to NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
- Our unit adheres to the continuous improvement model and participates in regular assessment efforts.
- Faculty member access to machine scoring of exams.
- Student feedback to administrators and faculty about instructor performance in the classroom.
- Faculty and administrator education regarding best practices in testing.
- Entrance examinations
- Credit by examination via the College-Level Examination Program
- Qualifying examinations for course selection
- Test-out options for the University General Education Requirements
- Tests required by professional associations and for licensing agencies
- Helping faculty document their performance
- Providing reports for committees and administrators
- Informing student decisions about course registration
- Helping faculty reduce the scoring load in large courses
- Providing assistance in test item improvement
- Conducting ongoing assessment of office.