Testing, Evaluation and Research Services
First year student information Give Input on Your Testing Experience Office Recognized for Excellent Testing Practice
Testing, Evaluation, and Research Services are dedicated to providing fair, secure, and professional testing and assessment services to students, faculty, and administrators. These services support:
- Student demonstration of subject mastery through testing to meet University requirements.
- Community demonstration of subject mastery through external, high stakes tests.
- We adhere to NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines.
- Our unit adheres to the continuous improvement model and participates in regular assessment efforts.
- Faculty member access to machine scoring of exams.
- Student feedback to administrators and faculty about instructor performance in the classroom.
- Faculty and administrator education regarding best practices in testing.
- Placement exams for course selection.
- Credit by examination.
- Test-out options for general education.
- National tests include the GRE, Praxis, LSAT, and TOEFL.
Student Evaluation of Teaching
- Helping faculty document their performance.
- Providing reports for committees and administrators.
- Informing students' decisions about course registration.
Research and Faculty Exam Scoring
- Helping faculty reduce the scoring load in large courses.
- Providing assistance in test item improvement.
- Conducting an ongoing assessment of the office.
- Managing large-scale university assessments such as the NSSE, FSSE, or CIRP.
- Assessment of services