Testing, Evaluation and Research Services
The Testing Office will be closed Monday, July 3rd, 2017
Testing, Evaluation and Research Services is dedicated to providing fair, secure, and professional testing and assessment services to students, faculty, and administrators. These services support:
- Student demonstration of subject mastery through testing to meet University requirements.
- Community demonstration of subject mastery through external, high stakes tests.
- Faculty member access to machine scoring of exams.
- Student feedback to administrators and faculty about instructor performance in the classroom.
- Faculty and administrator education regarding best practices in testing.
- Entrance examinations
- Credit by examination via the College-Level Examination Program
- Qualifying examinations for course selection
- Test-out options for the University General Education Requirements
- Tests required by professional associations and for licensing agencies
- Helping faculty document their performance
- Providing reports for committees and administrators
- Informing student decisions about course registration
- Helping faculty reduce the scoring load in large courses
- Providing assistance in test item improvement
- Conducting ongoing assessment of office.