What to expect in SET during Fall 2020
Per the University's Warrior Safe is Warrior Strong Plan, the Testing, Evaluation, and Research Services Office will continue serving the university remotely in the current semester. All faculty, unless noted for exclusion by a SET coordinator, will be evaluated online. These are important things to keep in mind.
- The evaluation period is rolling depending on your last day of class.
- Students and faculty will receive email invitations when the evaluation period begins.
- Instructors will still have the opportunity to waive their reports for the fall semester.
- If the faculty chooses to waive these report(s), the reports will be deleted and not shared with Administrators.
- The instructions to request a 'waiver,' will be sent at the end of the fall evaluation period.
- If no action is taken, the results will be included in administrative reports by default.
- We understand that some departments may be storing paper-based evaluations.
- Departments may contact the SET Office to make an appointment to deliver their paper-based evaluations or pick up comments. In the meantime, comments are being stored safely until pick-up by the department.
- The SET coordinator may email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the details.
When will reports be available?
- The fall semester reports will be available in the winter of 2020.
How does Online SET work?
- All faculty and students will receive directions via email sent to their WSU address and also through Canvas.
- We used the system for the first time in the Fall, and the results were very good. Our input from faculty and students is shared at this link under Update from Student Evaluation of Teaching: Online SET Pilot 2020
- Feel free to contact email@example.com if you have questions about the system.