Off Campus Testing
If you need to take one of the Wayne State University (WSU) institutional examination(s) listed below and live more than 75 miles from our main campus, you may be able to test locally. Exams not listed below are not currently available to be taken off campus.
Arranging an exam site
- Contact the Testing Office at your local community college, college or university and ask if a member of their staff will serve as a test administrator for you. You may wish to use the referral service provided by the National College Testing Association, at http://www.ncta-testing.org/about-cctc
- When you have located a test center, complete the Request for Off Campus Institutional Testing form found here: offcampustesting.
- Please fill in all the applicable fields and click "Save" at the bottom of the page. Once you have submitted the form you will receive a confirmation at the email address you provided. After your request has been received and approved, our office will contact you to obtain payment of the test fee(s) and let you know when the exam(s) will be sent to the test center.
- It is your responsibility to schedule a mutually convenient time to test with the center. You must take your examination(s) within 30 days of receipt of the test materials at the center. You are responsible for any fees charged by the test center.
College of Education Counselor Education Writing Exam
Critical Thinking Competency Exam
On the day of the exam
- When you report for testing be prepared to present current, signed, photo-bearing identification (e.g., a driver's license, state ID, or passport).
- Test results for the Critical Thinking Competency Exam are provided on the day you test.
- Contact the WSU College of Education about the results of the Counselor Education exam.