Research Information Sheet
Title of Study: Program Evaluation Using NSSE and FSSE
Principal Investigator (PI): Laura Woodward
Testing, Evaluation and Research Services
Funding Source: Departmental
You are being asked to be in a research study of student engagement because you are a student or faculty member at the university. This study is being conducted at Wayne State University and nationally at other universities. The study is a project coordinated by the Center for Postsecondary Research at Indiana University Bloomington.
The information you provide will help identify areas of strength and improvement for the university, as well as lead to constructive discussions related to teaching, learning, and the quality of your students' educational experience.
If you take part in the study, you will be asked to participate in an online survey designed to measure the extent to which students at your institution engage in educational practices empirically linked to high levels of learning and development.
- Participants will complete an online survey.
- Your participation in this study is voluntary and you may refuse to participate without penalty.
- The survey takes about 18-25 minutes to complete.
As a participant in this research study, there be no direct benefit for you; however, information from this study may benefit other people now or in the future.
There are no known risks at this time to participate in this study.
There will be no costs to you for participation in this research study.
You will not be paid for taking part in this study.
- You will be identified in the research records by a code name or number.
- Your school and the Center will make every effort to keep your responses confidential, although absolute confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Personally identifying information (e.g., name or email address) will not be included in the data sent from the Center to your institution. No information associated with your name will ever be released publicly, but personally identifiable responses may be inspected by university and government organizations when required by law
Voluntary Participation /Withdrawal:
Taking part in this study is voluntary. You are free to not answer any questions or withdraw at any time. Your decision will not change any present or future relationships with Wayne State University or its affiliates
If you have any questions about this study now or in the future, you may contact Laura Woodward or one of her research team members at the following phone number 313-577-4878. If you have questions or concerns about your rights as a research participant, the Chair of the Institutional Review Board can be contacted at (313) 577-1628. If you are unable to contact the research staff, or if you want to talk to someone other than the research staff, you may also call the Wayne State Research Subject Advocate at (313) 577-1628 to discuss problems, obtain information, or offer input.
- By completing the survey you are agreeing to participate in this study.
- The data that you provide may be collected and used by Center for Postsecondary Research at Indiana University Bloomington as per its privacy agreement.