SET Service Request Form
Thank you for contacting the SET office. We are now accepting requests to resolve course evaluation related issues through our new SET Service Request (SSR) Form.
We appreciate your using this new system. Our number of requests increased substantially when we moved SET online. This system helps us to ensure that messages are not lost, and that the request goes quickly to the right staff person to resolve the concern quickly.
Before submitting an SSR, you may find the solution to your problem under our General Inquiry section; please look there first. If the solution is not listed, simply scroll down and proceed to submit an SSR form.
General Inquiry Questions
- If you did not receive an evaluation invitation:
- Please check your email, junk, clutter, or spam folders.
- You can also access your evaluation from the Student Evaluation link in Canvas.
- Reminder emails are also sent during the evaluation period, please be on the lookout for them.
- The evaluation period is over and you didn't submit your evaluation.
- Please contact the departmental SET Coordinator for assistance.
- Faculty are emailed individual reports through the Online SET system a few weeks after grades are posted, to protect student confidentiality.
- Online faculty reports which faculty have approved for inclusion, are added to the COGNOS repository two to three months after faculty received them.
- The ability to login to COGNOS is not available to new faculty until reports are posted to COGNOS.
- If you can access COGNOS but see no reports, please complete an SSR form below for assistance.
- If you can't access the COGNOS Reporting System.
- It could be a browser problem. You may want to try another browser.
- It could be an access problem. Please contact the C&IT Help Desk (313-577-4778) to verify access.
- If you are off-campus, you may need VPN access. Please read the link, How to install a VPN on your computer, and contact the C&IT Help Desk if assistance is needed.
- Student Evaluation of Teaching Link does not appear in Canvas.
- Please confirm with C&IT that your course is set-up in Canvas.
- If it does appear, but the link does not work, please submit an SSR below.
- Please contact your SET Coordinator regarding any adjustments to your evaluation set-up.
Submitting a SET Service Request (SSR) Form
To submit an SSR, simply click on the option below that best suits your needs.
- General Inquiry (Please include course name/number and instructor name/access id.)
- Report an Issue (Faculty/Students)
- Add/Change Course Information (SET Coordinators Only)
- Administrator/Faculty Reports (Administrators/Faculty Only)
NOTE: Once you submit your request, the Cherwell Portal page will appear which indicates your request has been received. We will try to complete your request as quickly as possible. For a quick turnaround, please provide as much detail as possible on the form that is selected.