Online SET Features
If you have not already done so, please check the online SET screen guide to familiarize yourself with the updated user interface.
Please read the following, as it may contain answers to some of the questions you may have about online SET.
Online SET -- What You Need to Know
In an effort to reduce bias in the evaluation of teaching, a number of changes have been made to the order of items, and the directions shared with students.
CROSS-LISTINGS - DISCONTINUED AS OF WINTER 2022.
WAIVER AND GRADE BOOK - DISCONTINUED AS OF FALL 2021.
On the same day, faculty and students receive their online Invitation emails via WSU (Wayne State University) email.
There are three ways for faculty and students to access Online SET:
Through the Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET) link on the left-hand side of the Canvas screen.
The link provided in the invitation email, or
Log into the Online SET system (enter your access id/password).
Online SET automatically sends reminder emails to students who have not started or completed their evaluations.
- The Response Rate Dashboard View Settings screen shows faculty the start and end dates of the evaluation period for a course and the number of students who have started, responded, and opted out. Please contact your departmental SET Coordinator if you have questions about online SET or a change of evaluation dates.
- Through the Response Rate Dashboard, faculty can also examine and keep track of the overall number of students who have completed their evaluation. If participation is low, faculty may want to schedule a class period during which students can complete their assessment collectively rather than individually.
- Due to the system upgrade, the faculty reminder email feature is no longer available. As a workaround, faculty can use Canvas to send reminder emails to their students.
- Quantitative and qualitative reports are released to faculty about three to four weeks after the semester ends.
- Administrative reports are available in the COGNOS report archive two months after the start of the new semester.
- New faculty will receive access to the COGNOS report interface with the release of the COGNOS reports.
If you want to tailor questions to your specific teaching approach and circumstances, please consider designing up to ten additional questions and distributing them to students before the evaluation period begins. Instruct students to enter their responses in the Instructor Supplied Items section of Online SET. You will receive responses to these questions in your SET reports. Remember to keep a copy of the questions and scale so you can interpret the results.