Directions for Departments
Helping with Credit by Exam
Thank you for offering to support students with Credit by Exam.
Student Seeks Advice
- The student must first receive authorization from their advisor to participate in Credit by Exmamination. The student's advisor will fill out on the registrar's form the student and course information.
- The advisor provides their signature and the Department Chairperson's approval.
- The student takes the signed form to the department that teaches the class.
- The department that teaches the class has the authority to accept or deny the student request.
- If the department approves, they will sign their portions of the form.
- Student will take the completed form to the Cashier's Office to make the payment of $10.00 per credit hour.
- Student returns form stamped as paid to department.
Department Administers Test
- Department is responsible for verifying that the departmental approvals appear on the form before testing the student.
Contact the Registrar
- When the testing is complete, department fills out the last section of the form.
- Department emails the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about the form should go to email@example.com.
- There is no posting If the student fails the test, the form does not need to be sent to the Registrar's Office.