Placement Testing: Math
About the test
- Accuplacer will be used for the new math placement exam.
- The test is adaptive, and the time can be different for different students, up to 2 1/2 hours.
- Students may take up to three subtests, and each can have up to 20 items.
- Study guides are available at http://www.clas.wayne.edu/math/placement.
- The examination fee is $37.00.
- Hope to place out of their general education requirement for math.
- Have not completed Math 1000 or an equivalent course at another university or tested out by AP or CLEP.
- Do not have SAT or ACT scores, or have scores more than two years old.
- Are interested in taking a higher level of math than they placed into and want to challenge their placement.
- Students who take a difficult math their senior year tend to see an improvement in placement.
- You cannot hurt your placement by taking this test.